USA

Virginia children overdose on sleeping pills at home

Seven younger youngsters — together with an toddler and three toddlers — overdosed on sleeping tablets that had been handed out by a 7-year-old at a Virginia dwelling on Wednesday evening, a report stated.

When police responded to the residence within the metropolis of Hopewell at about 5:30 p.m., 4 youngsters, ages 1, 2, 3 and 4, had been unresponsive, WTVR said.

Three different children below the age of eight had additionally consumed the tablets, however had been awake, the station reported.

Seven children overdosed on sleeping pills at a Hopewell, Virginia home.
Seven youngsters overdosed on sleeping tablets at a Hopewell, Virginia dwelling.
WTVR
Two children are in serious condition, according to police.
Two youngsters are in severe situation, in line with police.
WTVR

All seven children had been all taken to a hospital, and the 2 youngest victims had been transferred to a different medical facility in severe situation, the report stated.

Investigators advised the outlet that the medication had been distributed by a 7-year-old who was left alone with the youngsters when their grownup supervisor left the home to go to a nook retailer.

The investigation was ongoing.

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button