These feeling fortunate on Tuesday evening have an opportunity to win an estimated $625 million jackpot within the Mega Tens of millions lottery, the eighth-largest jackpot in U.S. historical past. The bounty has reached such heights as a result of there hasn’t been a winner for months.
If there isn’t a winner once more, the jackpot will solely climb increased for the subsequent drawing on Friday evening.
Every ticket prices $2 and winners should match all of the numbers, together with the Mega Ball, to take dwelling the complete sum.
The one-time money possibility for Tuesday’s jackpot was a minimum of $458 million. Taking the jackpot’s lump cost money worth is an possibility favored by most winners. In any other case, the jackpot is doled out over 30 years.
Mega Tens of millions successful numbers
- 12, 14, 26, 28, 33
- Mega Ball: 9
- Megaplier: 2x
Mega Tens of millions tickets are are offered in 44 states, Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
In the meantime, the Powerball lottery jackpot has swelled to an estimated $550 million, which is the sport’s twelfth largest jackpot in historical past. Profitable numbers will likely be drawn Wednesday evening.
Even with each jackpots mixed, they nonetheless pale compared to the biggest prize, areceived by three gamers in 2016. The Mega Tens of millions jackpot was final received in Wisconsin on September 15, 2020, when a single winner secured a ticket value a $120 million prize. The sport was received 5 occasions final 12 months, with a June $414 million jackpot being the biggest prize, in accordance with officers.
The chances of successful a jackpot are slim at 1 in 302.5 million for Mega Tens of millions and 1 in 292.2 million for Powerball.
The next are the ten greatest Mega Tens of millions jackpots ever, together with the place the tickets have been bought:
- $1.54 billion — one successful ticket in South Carolina (October 2018)
- $656 million — three successful tickets in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland (March 2012)
- $648 million — two successful tickets in California and Georgia (December 2013)
- $615 million — unknown if there are winners (January 2021)
- $543 million — one successful ticket in California (July 2018)
- $536 million — one successful ticket in Indiana (July 2016)
- $533 million — one successful ticket in New Jersey (March 2018)
- $522 million — one successful ticket in California (June 2019)
- $451 million — one successful ticket in Florida (January 2018)
- $437 million — one successful ticket in New York (January 2019)