Lifestyle

Our wedding venue caught fire but firefighters were able to save the cake

A marriage was cancelled for the third time when the venue caught fireplace because the groom welcomed his visitors.

James Leggett was inside with attendees and bride Amy Heath was two minutes from leaving her lodge room when the museum went up in smoke.

Police ran in to evacuate everybody after the roof caught fireplace at We The Curious in Bristol on Saturday.

The ceremony was cancelled however firefighters salvaged the untouched three-tiered marriage ceremony cake in addition to previous sentimental photographs from the smoke and water-damaged constructing. 

It’s understood the marriage had already been delayed twice earlier than on account of Covid.

Royal Mail HGV driver James stated he was completely gutted, including: “We’re each heartbroken however the love and assist of our family and friends was unreal.

“It ended up being a beautiful, if unconventional, day.”

The close by Bristol Lodge placed on a room for the visitors to benefit from the drinks and marriage ceremony speeches

And footage confirmed two firemen carrying within the rescued cake, with the bride later chopping it.

James added: “The day was an absolute whirlwind of feelings.

“Once we heard the images and the cake had been recovered, after which noticed the firemen stroll not far away with it, was simply indescribable.”

Bridesmaid Grace Williams stated: “Thanks to the wonderful firefighters who salvaged the untouched marriage ceremony cake from the reception room from what ought to have been James’ marriage ceremony had it not been for the hearth. 

James Leggett was inside with attendees when the venue went up in flames.
Twitter/ @Leggett84

“Additionally they salvaged previous photographs with big sentimental worth too. Thanks!”

Bride Amy’s sister Kathryn Bradfield referred to as it “the perfect ending to an in any other case bizarre and bonkers day”.

She added: “Her lovely dream marriage ceremony was actually burning earlier than her eyes. Actually unbelievable.

“I can not categorical my unhappiness for Amy and James for not having the ability to say “I do”, however so pleased with them each for making the perfect out of the sh**check scenario.”

Photo voltaic panels on the roof of museum We The Curious caught fireplace however the trigger is unknown.

A significant emergency service response was scrambled when smoke billowed throughout town and half a dozen firefighters have been seen on the roof.

All employees and guests have been evacuated safely.

This story initially appeared on The Sun and has been reproduced right here with permission.

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button