On Friday night time, Jamal Murray of the Denver Nuggets scored a career-high 50 factors and have become the primary participant in NBA historical past to gather that many with out attempting a free throw as Denver adjusted to a schedule change by handing the Cleveland Cavaliers their ninth consecutive loss, 120-103.
After the sport, Murray mentioned that he was unaware that he had performed one thing so distinctive. “I used to be simply making my photographs,” he mentioned nonchalantly, whereas taking sips of a postgame smoothie. “It’s sort of cool to make historical past. It’s a cool stat.”
Within the second half, Murray exploded for 30 factors, ending his profession night time with a jackhammer dunk, reaching 50. The fourth quarter noticed Murray sink three three-pointers in 63 seconds. In complete, he transformed 21 of 25 photographs, together with 8 of 10 from the 3-point arc, and he added six rebounds. He broke Denver’s two-game shedding streak and improved their document to 16-13 on the season.
- J&J board member says 20 million Covid vaccine doses will be delivered by the end of March
- U.S. to implement Ebola monitoring program at airports as new cases reported in Africa
- FBI focusing on one man as possible suspect in Capitol officer’s death
- U.S. airstrikes target Iran-backed militias in Syria in Biden’s 1st military action
- A New Jersey plumber drove his family to Texas to help with repairs after devastating storm